Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hello and welcome!
I hope to help promote Canadian Arts & Crafts worldwide. I own a store called the Galleria Inglewood. We are located in the glorious city of Calgary, in Alberta Canada. I represent more than 350 Canadian artisans. The store itself has been in business since 1978. I started working here in 1982 and became the proud owner of Galleria in 2005. There have been a few upheavals in the past year or so, the biggest of which entailed moving the store from the location that it had been in for close to 25 years. I like to call it the move from hell. Actually, now that I look back on it, I can't believe that we did it in less than a month. The old location was about 7500 square feet and the new one is well over 9500 square feet. So you can well imagine that it was not a small endeavour. Luckily there were a large number of people that pitched in to help. The most important of which were my staff and a few dozen of the artisans, oh yes and my husband Dean (who is lucky to still be alive, after the "help" that he was.) If you are interested I can go into details.
Anyway, I look forward to the chance to let you know about as many of the artisans that I can. I welcome your comments and trust that we will be around for a good long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment